The Connected Elephant offers informative, entertaining, and interactive workshops for families, schools, communities, organizations, and businesses. Our dynamic talks are based on the latest brain-based research in trauma informed care and mindfulness. Sessions are tailored to your specific needs and include topics such as:
- Trauma and how it affects our ability to learn
- Mindfulness as a powerful tool
- Sensory awareness
- Toolbox building for long term success
Professional Development Workshop for Educators
Our school-wide, trauma informed mindfulness workshops teach school staff:
- What does it mean to be trauma informed?
- An overview of the neuroscience of stress
- Current research on school-based mindfulness programs
- The benefits of mindfulness practices for staff and students
- Short mindfulness practices and YogaCalm exercises for stress management
- How to create a ‘tool-kit’ of short mindfulness practices for classrooms of different ages and stages that
can be integrated into lessons
Copyright © 2016 The Connected Elephant All text, titles, and other matter appearing on The Connected Elephant are copyright of The Connected Elephant and may not be transferred or copied without written permission of The Connected Elephant.